The latest news on the Canterbury Multi-Use Arena (CMUA).
Latest update: Monday 1 March 2021
- Evaluation of the main contractor proposals continues, with announcement of the successful contractor anticipated to be made early April.
- The RFP for the Project Manager/Design Manager services closed 26 February.
- RFPs for the Cost Manager/Price Verifier services and Design Verifier services close on Friday 5 March and 12 March respectively
- The Council’s public consultation on noise management closed on Monday 1 March. A community drop-in session was held at the Transitional Cathedral on Tuesday 23 February.
- Site decontamination works are anticipated to begin in mid March
- Chorus has completed its enabling works and Vodafone’s is expected to be complete in the coming weeks.
- Orion’s low-voltage works is largely complete.
- The Council has adjusted the phasing of the traffic lights on the now-closed Cashel and Lichfield streets to minimise congestion. Design work will now begin to convert these intersections to T intersections.
- LINZ published the Cashel Street and Lichfield Street road stopping public notice on 15 December 2020. As a result of this formal road stopping, it's recommended that traffic use the routes below.
Recent news and announcements
To subscribe to the e-newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org