By putting the right stuff in the yellow bin, you’re making it possible for us to recycle. Remember to give your bottles and containers a rinse, make sure they are loose, and put the lids in the red bin. Collected every two weeks.
The right stuff to recycle
The only items that can go in the yellow bin are:
- Clean plastic bottles and containers numbered 1 are things like soft drink bottles
- Clean plastics bottles and containers numbered 2 are things like milk bottles
- Clean plastic bottles and containers numbered 5 are things like yoghurt and ice cream containers
- Metals: aluminium cans, metal tins (lids in the red bin) or aerosol cans
- Clean glass: clear and coloured glass bottles or jars (lids in the red bin)
- Clean cardboard and paper; newspapers, flattened cardboard boxes
Download the Wheelie Bins App
The Wheelie Bins App has a handy lookup tool so you can find out what goes in each bin as well as reminders to take the bins out each week.