Making a plan before an emergency will help you work out what to do when a disaster happens.
The plan should be made with all members in your household and you should let family and close friends know about your plan so they know where and how to contact you if you need to leave your home.
Things to include in your household plan are:
- What you will each do in the event of a disaster
- How and where you will meet up during and after a disaster
- Who will pick up the children
- What you need to do for members of the household, family or community with a disability or special requirement
- What you will need to do for your pets, domestic animals or livestock
- What local radio stations to tune in to for civil defence information during an event
Start your Household Plan(external link) today.