Addington Heritage Cemetery Planting Day
- Saturday 26 September, 9.30am to 12.30pm.
- A limited number of tools will be available for those who don't have their own.
- Wear sturdy shoes and gloves.
- Our volunteer co-ordinator Allan will be putting on a BBQ for volunteers after the event.
Contact park ranger at Heidi.Wilton@ccc.govt.nz for more information.
Westmorland East Valley Reserve release day
- Sunday 27 September, 10am to 12 noon
- Bring sturdy footwear, gloves, hedge clippers
- Meet by the bridge at 10am
All are welcome to join this group of regular local volunteers with some weed releasing around plantings. Although its not as glamorous as planting, weed releasing is equally, if not more important. The trees just need a little help to keep their heads above the grass, for this their second year, so we will be trimming around the cages. The plants will thank you.
This is a steep slope we will be working on so sturdy shoes essential; not suitable for children.
Matariki Tu Rākau Kahikatea Planting
Join Trees for Canterbury, Christchurch City Council and the RSA for the first public planting of what will one day be the largest stand of kahikatea in Ōtautahi/Christchurch since pre-European times. We will be planting over 2000 kahikatea trees in a wetland area that will provide stormwater retention services as well as enhancing urban biodiversity.
- Saturday 10 October, 10am to midday.
- BBQ lunch to finish.
- Gumboots essential, some tools and gloves provided but bring your own if you have them.
- Meet at 103 Philpotts Road, Mairehau to plant in the Cranford Basin.
Matariki Tu Rākau is part of the One Billion Trees programme, helping people to plant living memorials that honour members of their communities. Matariki Tu Rākau was launched on 25 April 2018 to mark the 100-year anniversary of the end of the First World War.
Whakatauki e tu kahikatea, hei wakapae uroroa Awhi mai, awhi atu, tatou, tatou e.
Kahikatea stand together; their roots intertwine, strengthening each each other. We all help one another and together we will be strong.
Contact email@example.com if you have any queries.