Kia Rite Hoea will help you put your idea into action. There are planning sheets that provide you with an easy step-by-step plan combined with a workshop environment where you can discuss your idea with like-minded peers to turn your great idea into reality.
If you want successful and accessible recreation opportunities for everyone in your community, then Kia Rite Hoea is for you. The tools in Kia Rite Hoea are user-friendly, ready to use immediately and will save you many hours of research and indecision.
Kia Rite Hoea includes 55 pages of jam-packed guidance, checklists, hot-tips and case studies. It has 27 templates that, if you use them, will be all the paperwork you need for a community recreation programme.
Kia Rite Hoea (previously named Get Set Go!) was originally developed by Wellington City Council in 1998, who then partnered with Christchurch City Council several years later and has received a Recreation Aotearoa award for Outstanding Programme. This edition has been developed as a national resource, by Recreation Aotearoa, Christchurch City Council, Skills Active and Aktive Auckland.
What does Kia Rite Hoea mean?
It is the phrase that waka ama/canoe paddlers use and translate to 'get ready...paddle'. We have used it here as a metaphor to describe the purpose of this resource - to help you to get your programme, event or activity ready to take off!
Four collaborators worked together to produce it and it is linked to two Skills Active qualifications to help you achieve success in your work.
What did you enjoy most about today’s workshop?
- "The time in groups".
- "Lots of varied discussion and individualised advice and information".
- "Friendly, approachable facilitators".
- "The facilitators presented in a educating way that I could understand".
- "Sharing ideas and resources".
- "The information is so relevant to my workplace".
- "I felt inspired and energised by the ideas of the other workshop participants".
How will you apply what you have learnt today?
- "I will use the sheets and resources provided".
- "I will create an event portfolio using the planning sheets and resources".
- "I feel more confident to develop a health and safety plan for my event".
- "I now have more confidence about how to properly plan for the needs of my events target audience".