Mobile food carts need to be registered under the Food Act 2014 with the Council. This covers relocatable premises that are used for the preparation or handling of food for sale, or for the sale of food.

It includes:

  • movable stands
  • mobile shops
  • food caravans
  • re-constructable premises
  • similar structures or vehicles

Apply for Notice of Registration

Information about how to apply and the forms and fees.

Food Preparation Areas

Kitchens, vehicles or other facilities used for the preparation, handling, pre-packing or storage of food for sale, or for the cleaning of equipment must comply with the Food Act 2014(external link).